Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gay Marriage. For it or against it???

Ok, so I have been reading some blog posts today. I must say that we have a lot of different views out there on the issue of same sex marriage. And I'm not here to put anyone down on their opinions or views on the subject. I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion. And so here is mine :

I am gay. I don't make it a secret. I don't hide it. And I know that some people see it as disgusting. Some people just don't care about my sexual orientation. And some are truly happy for me. I don't push my views on anyone nor do I like someone else's views pushed on me.

To me personally, LOVE IS LOVE. It is not about gender, race, or religion. It is about two people who are truly happy together. I know I have found my soul mate. I know she is the person that fits me perfectly. And I know that we are going to be together til the end. But the thing aobut it is this : I can't legally marry her here in Ohio. Heck the only places I can marry her are in California, Massachusetts, or travel to Canada. But who can afford that!

Ok so I could travel the 37 hours 2 minutes or 2458.11 miles to San Fransisco, CA. get married and travel all that way back only to have my marriage not recognized in the state of Ohio. So if something should happen to me or to Amy here in Ohio there is no legal standing. So what's the point of going clear out there to do it? Also same goes for Massachusetts and Canada. Yea sure, we could eventually save up the money, do the traveling, get married, come home to Ohio and still it wouldn't be recognized here at all.

More than half of all people in the United States oppose gay marriage, even though three fourths are otherwise supportive of gay rights. This means that many of the same people who are even passionately in favor of gay rights oppose gays on this one issue.
http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm

I just don't understand what is so threatning to people about us gay people. We are the same as everyone else. The only difference is we choose to love just a bit differntly than the vast majority. So, because we choose to love someone of the gender as ourselves, it's considered wrong and immorral? Who made that rule up?

Some sects who oppose gay marriage say that it is against everything the Bible talks about. Ok, show me in the Bible where it says the word homosexual once and I'll go straight. Show me. Come one show me... that's right, you can't ! I always thought that freedom of religion implied the right to freedom from religion as well.

Some people say that the institution of marriage is only to be ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN. Who made that rule up?

That is just my opinion and my view. I want to be able to freely expressy my my love to my partner in life and just don't see what is sooooo wrong with being able to do this???? Can someone out there explain? What is so wrong in wanting to make sure that my partner can make descions for me if it comes to that some day? What is so wrong with my wanting to be sure that my partner is taken care of if I should leave this earth and move on in the case of death or a coma?

What are people so scared of that they feel that they have to try and control us in the sense of not letting us openly express who we are? It saddens me to no end that our country, the country that is based on freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to be who you want is so scared of the homosexual race that they limit us in so many ways.....

Well that is my soapbox for now... You can bet that there will be more to come :O)

Signing off,
Sabrae Carter

5 comments:

~C~ said...

I personally am all for gay marriage - you should be able to marry the one you love. :) - IMOP there is nothing immoral about it -Kudos to your Post!

Happy Monday!
~C~

Annie said...

Love the one your with...legally! Agree!

Tenakim said...

I totally agree and have never understood people that are threatened by gay marriage!

Dorsey said...

I'm SOOO with you on this one!! My cousin is gay and very much in love with her soulmate. But being that we are in Texas, I doubt they'll legalize anything remotely related to gay marriage any time soon. I mean geezers people, how's it hurting YOU?!? but I HAVE been encouraged by the fact that a few companies we know of in our neck of the woods that recognize "domestic partners" for insurance benefits. Kudos to them, and Kudos to you and Amy!!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Well if gay marriage becomes legal then it must be OK and if it's OK then you guys will start converting us to homosexuals because we do not have the willpower to resist you... LOL

Seriously I don't understand the big deal. If your in love get married or whatever the Government should recognize it.