Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Homemade laundry soap! I did it!

I'm actually quite proud of myself. I set out to do something I've never done before and I did it! I made homemade laundry soap today. It was fairly simple to! I've been big into Pinterest here lately and I found this Homemade "Laundry Sauce" and couldn't resist giving it a try.

I put it off for a few weeks actually. Always using the excuse I didn't have the "money" to buy the ingredients etc etc.... Well this past weekend at work I actually did quite well and said what the heck...

So I made the trip to our local WalMart and purchased the ingredients. Lo-n-behold.....
It wasn't THAT expensive! 
Actually it was any thing BUT! Needing only 3 ingredients :

Fels Naptha:0.97 cents
20 Mule Borax : $3 and some change
Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (NOT BAKING SODA) : $3 and some change as well

So you could imagine my surprise! Well I bought the ingredients and they've just been sitting in my kitchen since Saturday night... I kept saying to myself... "Ok, today you are going to make this....." I put it off until today. And to my surprise it was pretty easy to do. I followed the recipe to the "T" (as it's said) and was really worried I was going to muck it all up. But after the 4 hour of sit time, I whipped it up and was amazed that it seemed right.

I've got a load in the washer now! So let's cross our fingers and hope for the best! I'm thinking I did a pretty ok job with this one!



Now it's time to conquer some other projects!
Lot's of love
Sabrae Culver

If you would like to try the homemade laundry soap for yourself just click here

No comments: